Built in the 17th and 18th centuries by fleet owners from Saint Malo, the Château du Bos is one of the largest “malouinières” houses. The Magons, a well-known family of navigators and merchants who lived in the area, erected it between 1715 and 1717.
As of 2006, the château currently belongs to Mr. and Mrs. Henry Robet, who have fully restored it (as well as the surrounding outbuildings and park) with the support of the DRAC, the General and Regional Councils, and with the supervision of the Bâtiments de France.